Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Quick Blog # 3

Quick Blog # 3

1. I was privileged as a child because I could go to a great school. I grew up among the people of my own kind and was not tagged as brown or of color. Also what I realized now as a privilege I could enjoy special holidays without considering it as a privilege. After coming to US I felt at an advantage to be able to get admission in WSBE at UNH.

2. In US I am a minority and a person of color. I never thought to apply at colleges with high tuition fee because I couldn’t afford them. Now i cannot enjoy special holidays and remember how bad i felt giving an exam on a festive day.

3. Well in some cases when kids of rich people are preferred and kids of poor ones are just sitting in a corner. There is a culture of having maids in houses in most eastern countries. People often misbehave with them or yells at them for poor work. I remember my cousin misbehaving with them but I never said him anything because he was older to me. I knew he was not going to change or will start bullying me instead for being so considerate. Some elders in family also tried but he was a spoilt brat.

No comments:

Post a Comment