Monday, January 17, 2011

Beautiful daughters

I have never thought about transgender men or women before watching these videos. It is interesting to know there are people who get birth like normal and feel they belong to different sex. Parents who want a boy or a girl think that they have a right to change their kid’s sex. People like this are around and they just feel different about themselves. This idea was just some crazy thought for me before, now that I had seen I realized that how strongly they feel towards their identity. They run out from homes to live a kind of life they want to live. It is good to see they didn’t end up with all the depression and with drugs like kids in video “Queer Streets”. The woman was proud that she has proved herself and got her way through. It is terrible to see that how society reacts on such choices which has nothing to do with them. A person should have a total right to look the way they want and to choose what they want to be like even if it doesn’t fall in the so called norms of society as long as it is not hurting someone else. The boy who got killed while sleeping when his roommate got to know that his girlfriend is a boy was a horrible thing means how she would be feeling after that. I just don’t get why people don’t respect the choices which are a little out of the norms. Who sets the norm?

Princess boy was a positive step by parents who instead of telling their boy that it is wrong to feel that way they tried to tell the society that that this is what he wants and we are happy with his choice. I just don’t know I can’t expect people around me to stop loving me for what I am and for what I choose to be in my life. Transgender people are longing for mere acceptance in this stereotype society. This is not a big thing they are asking for. Seeing them so much disturbed really made me feel so bad. Stereotypes need to be open and must realize this is what they want in life. Transgender people are totally human and should be treated with respect, dignity and be loved like a human. Believing that I was a woman long before I came to this world, this definitely is a very strong statement. It shows how much they want to be what they believe in and instead of giving them support all they get is rejection of their loved ones. I still have some confusion that after surgery they can get all sort of feeling which a female naturally have. It just seems that how is it possible? Irrespective of what I think people should be respected about their choices in life. First of all it needs lot of courage and strong sense of desire to make such a big decision. Decision to go through painful surgery and change yourself. After watching this I just feel how strong feeling that could be which make them change their gender. It just need awareness and acceptence to be a part of the norm. Cisgender people must respect the choices of their everyday friend. Basic needs and desires are the same just a different choice in life. No cisgender has got a right to question them or make them feel out of society. I just feel it needs more awareness so that people can accept it as any other norm of society.

No comments:

Post a Comment